Make Space is a book about space and how it is used for learning. It's organised along five themes:
- Tools (useful things that fill up a space)
- Situations (quick, repeatable configurations or patterns)
- Design template (breakdown of the elements at play in a space, or the game behind the game)
- Space studies (first person dispatches from the front lines of space design), and
- Insights (kernels of understanding we've discovered through our 'trials and errors')
Here are some of the great tools from the book:
|Transit trolley where the G clamps holding it |
together form handles
|Rear projection screens|
|Bar clamps with eyelets used to hang displays from.|
|Modified clothes rack becomes a 'z rack' or |
mobile whiteboard / screen /divider.
|Hanging screens could be combined with suction |
cups/plungers to be affixed to walls/windows etc.
|T-walls for portable display space.|
|T walls in different configurations |
can create many different spaces.