Some of the projects he mentions are:
- An RFID-powered cat feeder to make sure Fido doesn't eat Felix's food.
- A quadcopter powered by Arduino
- A TV that mutes itself when Kim Kardasian comes on.
- New musical instruments
- A glove that interprets sign-language and prints the message the signer is signing.
- A PS3 interface that allows children with limited movement to play games
- Plants that tweet, and even...
- A chair that tweet when someone farts.
"Massimo Banzi helped invent the Arduino, a tiny, easy-to-use open-source microcontroller that's inspired thousands of people around the world to make the coolest things they can imagine -- from toys to satellite gear. Because, as he says, "You don't need anyone's permission to make something great." "